Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Kaushalya Madhavi'S VIP spa for ladies

This beautiful young lady does not need any special introduction. She is Kaushalya Madhavi Wickramasinghe, better known to many as “Kaushi”. We've featured her many times for her talents on TV presenting, her bridal boutique etc.

And this time she has come up with another unique idea - a VIP Ayurverdic treatment and spa for ladies titled 'Kaushi’s spa'; strictly for ladies and services are available only by appointment. We met up with Kaushi for more info.

1. Kaushi, you have moved from TV presenter to brand ambassador, then to a bridal boutique entrepreneur, and now you've opened a VIP spa for ladies. Your thinking behind these involvements?

God has given me the talent to do anything in life that I desire. As a lady I realised the importance of Ayurverdic treatment and VIP spas for ladies in Sri Lanka.


There are many spas that brand themselves as Ayurvedic but the quality of the available treatments is of very dubious question. This reason was the one thing that inspired me to start  this.
Providing the necessary quality and value for money to my clients is my utmost priority.

My chief therapist is a very well experienced lady who has had experience in catering to clients from the top most VVIPs in the country.

2. Why did you make your new place an exclusive place rather than catering to more customers?

As a lady, I believe in privacy. This place is not just for brides even though I cater to them from my bridal boutique.

This is for everyone and I believe they love their privacy like I do.

If someone is willing to pay a good price for a product or service, I solemnly believe that it is my upmost duty to provide the best possible quality matching world standards.

I don’t believe that the business model for a spa should be based on volume.

After all this is a service and that cannot be offered in good quality if you just go after the numbers

3. Don’t you think you are overpriced?

I won’t say we are overpriced and also I don’t want to accept that we are cheap. Yes I know that, I want to maintain quality and the level of service.

So to offer all that, we have to invest on quite a substantial amount per treatment. Like I told you, in my previous answer I do not agree on beauty treatments being offered like the sale of toffees.

There are many examples of customers going through bad experiences and even sometimes physical damages in some places where they wanted to get services at a cheap price.

The clientele that I cater to are only after quality and that is why I have been able to sustain this business.
4. Will we see more branches soon?

Definitely maybe 2 or 3. Our next plan is to open a branch in a star hotel and resort to offer our services to capitalise on the growth of the tourism industry.

Who knows, in the future we maybe able to take the brand internationally.

5. Is your past exposure as a bridal presenter helping you?

A lot of people in the industry, especially beauticians and other stakeholders have great respect towards me.

They have been a phenomenal part of my success up to now. This is all due to the quality that I maintain in whatever I do. I don't even endorse any brand for the sake of money.

I tell other people to use a product only and only if I'm satisfied in using that product.


6. Will you move into bridal dressing one day?
 
I was also once a bride so I know it's important, so yes. There are many requests coming in from my customers to get into this area. So in the coming future it certainly will be a service that I'll offer.
                          
7. Are you only targeting brides?

Fatigue, beauty related problems may cause marriage problems, so this is for everyone. But once again I like to  keep this place exclusive.

As they say, all women are beautiful and what we do is enhance the beauty that already exists. I think it’s the duty of all women in the world to consider their wellbeing and beauty as a top priority.

Nowadays weight is a problem for all of us even; some brides are mentally and physically suffering due to being over-weight and some married women too face the same problems after child birth.


After considering all these we have started slimming sessions at Kaushi’s spa. We vouch that we are using natural oils, herbs, and steam to reduce extra fat in your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment